Monday, December 03, 2007

The God's Aren't Angry... Rob Bell


Last night I went to hear Rob Bell at DeVos Performance Hall. This was the last stop on his month long tour. The place was packed, and I was blown away by his message. There is no way I can accurately write down all that he talked about. So, all I will say is that it was amazing. I'm looking forward to the talk coming out on DVD.

However, what made the night really fun was spending time with my wife, her sister, and meeting up with my friend Matt. It's been too long since I just hung out with some people and laughed, and last night I did that.

5 comments:

Tara Follett said...

sounds like fun. thanks for the invite. sigh.

Dave Roberts said...

Don't blame me. Blame Matt. He invited me. He even bought my ticket! Just kidding Matt.

Matt Yount said...

Tara! I was looking for you in church Sunday morning. I was going to see if you guys were interested in going as I had two extra tickets! Were you there? Did you come to worship God (the one who isn't angry with you because "the gods aren't angry"). I would have offered them to you. But then two college kids claimed them. Bummer!

Corey Mann said...

Careful Dave, I had someone of "authority" call me and told me to take down the audio from the tour, and the lame 2 minute video I made too.
You might get a call asking not to talk about Rob Bell. He's turning into his own Fight Club. Rule #1, Don't talk about what He talked about. (Insert sarcasm here)

p.s. Would you be interested in a visit for lunch sometime and talk tons of ministry?

Corey Mann said...

Let me come your way...I need a break from here!