Thursday, February 07, 2008

South Africa Update... Day 4

Some of my thoughts from South Africa, day 4

  • Ceci's doing a great job with her show from South Africa. She does an excellent job communicating what is going on down here. She's working her tail off, and it shows with an excellent broadcast.
  • Skipped out on the morning session at the orphanage. We had too much work to do with the show. I heard it was excellent. I saw a few video clips from the morning and it looked great.
  • Speaking of videos -- the flip camera is a great tool.
  • Attended the youth united youth rally yesterday afternoon. There were 1400 teenagers in attendance to hear about HIV/AIDS prevention and Jesus. Let me just say this about the event... it was a learning experience. Teenagers here are the same as teenagers in the states. With 1400 teenagers being very loud it was hard to get their attention. Laura and Allan did a good job, and there were quite a few teens towards the front that were listening.
  • This trip has been great. Currently, I have no voice, which is interesting. Seriously, it's gone.
  • Enjoy the pictures from yesterday.
My life in South Africa. Transmitting files to the states for Ceci's show.
The calm before the storm.
Experiencing South Africa with my friend Matt.
Lunch on Wednesday
The crazy youth rally.

No comments: