Sunday, July 27, 2008

A little bit of country...

My girls, all three of them, have a little bit of country in them, and I didn't event know it. Last night we went to a friends house and had a great time. This friend lives on a little farm south of Holland and has horses, chickens, cats, dogs, goats, geese, and a garden. It's a cool little place and reminds me of where I grew up as a kid.

Mallory and Elliana loved exploring the farm. We picked green beans, rode horses, fed the animals, and even picked eggs. I think both of them have a little bit of country in their bones -- they can't wait to go back. Mallory especially loved all the animals. When she was not in the bathroom (another story - it ties in with the new water bottle we bought her), she was walking around with a huge smile taking it all in.

7 comments:

Josh said...

Do you "pick eggs"? Were they growing the the garden next to the beans?

Dave Roberts said...

Actually, the eggs were next to the beans. If you don't pick eggs, what do you do? Gather them?

Matt Yount said...

I agree with Josh... You "gather" or "collect" or "appropriate" eggs.

Dave Roberts said...

I'm an idiot.

Tara Follett said...

everyone else beat me to the picking eggs comment! DANG.

MelissaLB said...

I just think the pictures of the girls riding the horses are sooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

In California, when they were young my children went out and "collected" the eggs. If we had grown "Eggplant" then we would have "picked" them.