Thursday, October 30, 2008

Inked...

I want another tattoo. Yes that's right. When I got my first one (above) a friend of mine told me they were addicting. I disagreed. But now I realize I was wrong. They are addicting. I want another tattoo. But I won't just get a tattoo for the sake of getting one. I want it to mean something. The tattoo picture above means something to me. In fact, it means A LOT to me. Every time I look at it I'm taken back to my junior year of college when I experienced the love of Jesus in a real and powerful way.

So, I'm stuck. I want a new tattoo, but it has to mean something. I can't think of anything to get, so I won't get one... at least for now. If you could get a tattoo, what would your tattoo say? What story would it tell?

5 comments:

Julie said...

Because I just reached my weight loss goal (& because I lost a large amount of weight), I am actually getting a tattoo this weekend! :) It's going to be the Chinese symbols for "Achievement" and a butterfly.

I totally agree with you that getting it has to mean something!

Matt Yount said...

That's awesome Julie!!

Anonymous said...

Julie, that is totally awesome! Congratulations! I also want to do that when I get to goal weight, but I can't decide where I want it, or what exactly I want it to be. I want my daughters to draw me something special as they are incredible artists. Where are you getting yours (hope I'm not being too personal!) :-)
Cheers,
BJ

Julie said...

Thanks Matt!!

BJ - I will be going to MosEisley's in GR.

Sorry Dave for taking over your comments! :)

Dave Roberts said...

No problem Julie.