Sunday, April 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

  • Should be in bed, but for some reason I can't sleep. Watching re-runs of "Deadliest Catch." The new season for "Deadliest Catch" begins this week - Tuesday @ 9pm. Looking forward to watching it again.
  • This past week was one of the weirdest weeks I've experienced in a long time. In many ways it was great, but there were also some weird things that I just can't explain. I believe there are things happening that we just can't see, and I believe I experienced a bit of it this week.
  • Today was the first time I cried in a long time during worship. I was moved as I again realized God's amazing love for me. The song "Mighty to Save" got me.
  • I believe I often underestimate the power of God. The same power that raised Christ for the dead is alive in me.
  • Blown away by all the ties that were at church today. I laughed when I saw it. My thought was, "Jesus is risen, let's wear a tie." Just thought it was funny.
  • I continue to find myself in a weird spot in my life. My wife and I discussed setting some goals for our lives. I think this will be a good way to set direction for our life.
  • Spent some time with some good friends this afternoon. It was good to catch up.
  • My wife is a great cook. I'm still stuffed.
  • Continue to pray that God would ignite a passion in my heart for Jesus.
  • Jesus is alive! And by the way, he will be alive tomorrow too! Live like it.
  • That reminds me of a frustration I have -- people will come out for Easter, be excited to be at church, but then the next week, sometimes the next day, the excitement is gone. Yes, it's good to celebrate Easter, but we should celebrate the empty tomb every day!

2 comments:

Jason Kehrer said...

Glad to hear that you intersected with Jesus in a really personal way this morning.

Also, I wore a tie to church today (although it was under a sweater. Does that still count?). As I was getting dressed, I distinctly remember thinking, "Gee, it's Easter, I should probably wear a tie." Conditioning from when I was younger, perhaps.

I'm so stuff that I literally had to unbutton my pants for the rest of the evening. Absolutely pathetic.

- J

Matt Yount said...

Love reading your thoughts buddy! God uses you, never doubt it!