Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dedication...

This past Sunday I committed to do the following for my daughter Piper. It's something that I've committed to do for my other children. Reading through what I committed to do for Piper, I'm challenged with the thought - am I following through on what I committed to do for Mallory and Elliana? I hope so. Here's what I committed to do...

Do you now without reservation dedicate your children to God, and promise, in humble dependence upon God's grace, that you will endeavor to set before them a godly example, that you will pray for them, that you will pray with them, that you will seek to help them understand the fullness of the Christian faith, and that you will seek, in every way that God provides, to raise them in the teaching and discipline of our Lord Jesus Christ?

No comments: