Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Update four from Calais

Here I am at the end of another day - tired, soar, but so excited, excited to see what God is doing in these tremendous teenagers. Tonight, we spent over an hour sharing what God is doing our lives, and I was blown away by what was shared. Here's a little bit of what happened tonight...

A group of teenage boys shared about their day visiting with the elderly at the retirement home. They were so excited! They spent hours - yes hours - talking and listening to these individuals share stories about their lives. In addition to talking and listening, these guys also painted the residents fingernails. These guys loved their experience so much that they are stoked to go back tomorrow.

Teens opened up about God's direction for their life. Some of these teenagers came in with big questions about their life, and it's exciting to see some of those questions get answered.

Teens prayed with each other for a long time. In fact, one group was led by one of our high school boys who pulled aside two middle school boys and prayed with them. I love seeing high school guys lead like that!

A young girl shared about how tonight's talk really impacted her. I mean it really broke through to her and brought some clarity to a situation in her life.

A teenager girl shared about spending two hours with a woman, reading the Bible to her, praying with her, and helping her write a letter to her son.
Those were just a few of the highlights from tonight. I would share more but I'm so tired. I just looked at the clock and I can't believe it's midnight. Oh well, it's all worth it.

As I wrap up, I would ask that you would pray for the transition these teenagers will make in the next few days. We will be going home of Friday, and the transition home can be a difficult one. As you get ready to get your child back, be praying about what questions you should ask them. Also, don't expect them to share the day they get back. Over time, they will share about their experience. Just believe me when I say God is working in each person, because he is, and in due time you will hear the great things that happened on this trip.

Well I'm off to bed. Big day tomorrow. We get to eat some lobster tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to that. Keep praying and everyone says hi and they love you!

1 comment:

Matt Yount said...

Love it!