Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Update Three from Calais

Today was another great day. We had a great time at our various work sites - the same as yesterday. There were some wonderful conversations, a little drama, and a ton of fun.

But for this update, instead of sharing what happened today I thought I would write what some teenagers wrote in our "community journal". Here's a little taste of what the teenagers are experiencing.

I feel like the devotions of truly being free really hits down deep. It's been hard to be myself because I've been seeking the approval of others and now, I'm me.

Today, I feel like I got A LOT out of praying with Jeannette, Zoe, and Chay, and I got A LOT off my chest and it feels great to know people care and they'll be there for you and praying for you.

During our group time I was blessed to do some serious prayer for deliverance and inner healing in a couple of people as well as myself.

I long to have such a great relationship with God that I could never go back to the life I was living.

I learned that my anger comes as a choice and that I can choose not to be affected.

I believe I am learning to trust God more. I was at the boys and girls club yesterday and I was having trouble being patient and loving. I thank God that He helped me to get through my time there, but I almost panicked when I heard I'd have to go back to the club today. But I believe God has reminded me that those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength. And that anything I ask in His name He will give me. I have to trust him that he will give me the strength and kindness I need for today. My God is a big God! Ask and you will receive.
That's all for today. It's late - 11:33pm, but things are going great! (hey that rhymes) Keep praying and check back tomorrow.

No comments: