Monday, February 04, 2008

South Africa Update... Day 2

Today was another full day, but it was a day that I will always remember. Here are some of my thoughts as I close out another day in South Africa.

  • Man-pris (Capri pants for men) are in here. Brian King from VOX United even has a pair. This is what I would look like if I owned a pair of man-pris. I don't think I will ever be apart of this fad. But I will say this, I don't look too bad. Ceci is threatening to purchase me a pair.
  • HIV/AIDS took on a whole new meaning for me when I met Elizabeth. We prayed with her, but didn't really show the love of Jesus in a tangible way until we brought her food. Her eyes lit up when four bags of groceries were dropped off at her door. It's one thing to tell someone Jesus loves them. It's means a lot more when you show them.
  • Ceci chatted with Elizabeth's daughter and her son Solomon. This women shared with us and showed us how difficult life can be in South Africa.
  • We hung out with some awesome ladies today. These ladies walk through their neighborhood every day, talking with people, assessing their needs, and find ways to meet these needs. These ladies are walking examples of the gospel.
  • Finally, lunch consisted of a Pepsi and an apple. It was the first time I found Pepsi down here.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dave and Ceci, wow technology is so awesome. We get to share in your journey. Great pictures, I especially loved the pic of Ceci cheek to cheek with the girl. We watched all of the videos on you tube with Esther tonight right from our very own living room. We even watched the snowy trip to the airport:) It looks as if the trip is going great. Blessings to all of you as you share your time and hearts with others. We will pray for you daily that God would would be blessed and his church would feel loved and encouraged in Africa by all you are doing. Love you guys, keep all the stuff coming. It really blesses us who watch it as well. Be sure to let us know of any specific or general prayer requests.
Joe Pleune

Becky said...

I love the capris Dave! They are STYLE-ING!