Monday, March 10, 2008

Feedback from Joshua

We are three weeks into our journey through the book of Joshua. The series has been fun so far, and I hear people are enjoying it. Here are some of the things I've heard so far...

"My daughter came home singing the song, 'Joshua fought the battle of Jericho,' and I never heard the story of Jericho before or knew where it was in the Bible. Now I know, and I can talk with her about it."

"I love going through a whole book. It helps me understand the heart of God. His love for his all people, and his love for me. I also enjoy understanding the overall context of each story and where it fits in the history of Israel."

"Going through this series has inspired me to jump in a read the rest of the story of Joshua."

"The story of Joshua and Israel's journey into the Promised Land is so relevant to where I am at right now. Hearing about the walls of Jericho was exactly what I needed to hear, and it is helping me deal with a situation in my life right now."
Those are just a couple of the thoughts I've heard so far. I love going through the book of Joshua. Too often in the church we bounce around the Bible too much, doing topical talks. I don't think topical talks are bad. I do them. I just think people need to hear, are desperate to hear and understand the whole story, instead of just hearing one part of it.

No comments: