Friday, May 09, 2008

Becoming myself...

This week I've been on vacation, and it has been fantastic. I still go to church one time this week, but overall my pace this week has been a lot slower. I haven't been running around with my head cut off like I normally do. I've been able to relax. I've taken some time to do some reading. I've taken in some of the tulip time festivities. Overall, it's been a good short vacation - I'm looking forward to my big vacation in June when I take three weeks off. That time is going to be some big time relaxation.

Why do I need to relax? Well, the past 6-9 months have been very difficult. There have been two staff transitions at church that have taken a ton out of me - physically, emotionally, and spiritually. I've been doing a ton outside of my normal youth ministry responsibilities, including preaching 50% of the time. All of this has left me tired! So I need to relax and fill my empty tanks up.

Bottom line - I need to relax so I can become myself again. This week, my wife said, "you're becoming yourself again." That was good for me to hear. All of the stress at church has affected me, even though at times I don't want to admit it. It has left me with a short fuse at times, and has worn me down. But know with some times of relaxation on there way I'm looking forward to the old Dave coming back. So watch out for the old Dave.

By the way, if you read this, what do you do to relax and energize yourself?

1 comment:

ryan young said...

I will have to find some time to relax.