Monday, January 26, 2009

Monday Morning Thoughts...

Some random thoughts...

  • I love the conversations I've been having with people lately. It's so encouraging to hear how people are taking steps of obedience in their relationship with God. It's amazing to hear what happens when people do this. I absolutely love it!!! It's made me ask the question, "God what do you want me to be doing?"
  • On that note, I'm excited to be speaking at my high school in March. I really feel this is what God wants me to do, and he's put some very specific things on my heart to share. However, today I got an e-mail saying there might be a little problem with me going out to speak. Since, I don't work at a "reformed" church they have some concerns. I'm praying it all gets ironed out, and I really believe it will. It's not like what I'm going to say is going to be super controversial. All I want teenagers to do is "follow Jesus." (By the way, mom and dad if you read this, don't worry. It will get worked out!)
  • I'm amazed at how much free time I have when I turn off the tv. Now, if I could only turn off my computer a little more.
  • I still love doing teen ministry stuff. I get energized every Wednesday night. Thanks teens of lvc for ministering to me. You guys are awesome!
  • On that note, I'm really looking forward to sledding. I'm looking forward to laughing and getting a little crazy on the sledding hill.
  • So far the snow this year hasn't bugged me that much. I have always said, if it's going to be cold, then I want it to snow, and this year it has.
  • I've really enjoyed running lately. I'm training for the 5/3 river bank run, and so far I've put in 58 miles this month. I really want to do well in this race and beat my previous times.
  • A question in Luke 8 really messed me up lately. Jesus asked the disciples the question, "Where is your faith?" It's a question I can't get out of my mind.

No comments: