Friday, January 30, 2009

What pages do you bookmark?

My wife and I were talking the other day about the pages we bookmark and how we organize these pages on our computers.

I bookmark church websites, blogs, news websites, and sports websites. I also categorize and neatly organize the pages I bookmark.

My wife bookmarks home decorating websites and things she wants to buy. I think my wife surfing on the internet is the modern day version of window shopping. Also, my wife does not categorize the pages she bookmarks. She just makes one big list.

Neither way is wrong, they are just different.

So what pages do you bookmark on your computer?

1 comment:

Jason Kehrer said...

First off, I thought that the L&R link was funny. Not wrong, just different.

Anyway, I haphazardly bookmark things these days, and it bugs me. I have bookmark folders full of all sorts of random stuff, mostly stuff that I want to read and don't have to review at the moment. It used to be organized beautifully - categories, subfolders, good descriptions, etc. Now...it's just one big mess, a slippery slope created by Safari's "bookmark all tabs" option. Yikes.

I've been meaning to clean it up one of these days, but it just doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Also - do I ever really use the bookmarks? No. Anything important I remember anyway.

Geez.