Friday, March 13, 2009

The last few weeks...

The last few weeks have been great! Here's a little update on what has been going on.

  • Enjoyed some great time away with my wife. We had a blast in California, and it was great not having the kids. Now, I love my kids, but it's necessary to get away without them so I can re-connect with my wife. We enjoyed walks on the beach, a 2 hour dinner, and relaxing by the pools. It's was great!
  • The one thing I miss about being in California - In N Out burger. I think I should open one in Holland. I know it would be a hit. I had a double double and it was a little piece of heaven.
  • It was good to go away without my kids, but it was good to see them. I missed them when I was away.
  • I absolutely LOVE Wednesday nights. God is doing something HUGE in the lives of the teenagers at lvc, and I love watching it. In fact, I've never seen anything like this in the past 10 years of teen ministry. This past Wednesday night was amazing. Teenagers spent an hour worshiping, praying, and praying for each other. There are so many things adults can learn from teenagers. Honestly, I wish Sunday mornings were more like Wednesday nights. (I'll post more about this in the future!)
  • Captain Sundae opened yesterday. My wife and daugthers went on opening day and got some ice cream. I didn't, but I did get some ice cream from McDonalds, but it's not the same.
  • Rumors crack me up. Someone told me on Wednesday night four rumors they have been hearing. They were funny! One rumor was "I hear you are leaving LVC." My response - WHAT! No way. I'm having way too much fun, and there is so much more God wants to do! I'm not leaving LVC! The other rumors were funny too, and sad. People need to stop spreading rumors.
  • I love what's going on with OtherPeopleMatter.org. Go and visit the OPM blog to hear some cool stories.

No comments: