Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What am I living for?

Recently, I was struck by Acts 12. In Acts 12:21 it says, "On an appointed day Herod put on his royal robes, took his seat upon the throne, and delivered an oration to them. And the people were shouting, "the voice of god, and not of man!" Immediately an angel of the Lord struck him down, because he did not give God the glory and he was eaten by worms and breathed his last."

Because he did not give God the glory, he was struck down. Because life was all about him, he was struck down, breathed his last, and was eaten by worms. If life is all about me, it will end in destruction. Life must not be about me, it must be about bringing God glory. I'm reminded of Jesus words in John 17:3, "I brought you glory by completing the work you gave me to do." Jesus lived to bring God glory. How? By doing what God asked him to do.

So, God, what do you want me to do? Show me through your Word how you want me to live for your glory.

No comments: