Sunday, March 29, 2009

Random Reflections...

  • Heard there were people who accepted Jesus today at lvc. That gets me really excited. I need to remember that's what it's all about - people meeting Jesus and putting their faith in him. Everything else is secondary to that.
  • Two weeks ago we had a young woman accept Jesus into her life during our "mid-week" teen gatherings. Another teenager led her into a relationship with Jesus. That is just so cool.
  • I laughed so hard this afternoon playing with my daughter Mallory. She's a nut and I love it.
  • I also shared another story about Mallory today during my message. It's fun telling stories about her, but most of the stories I share about her are about times when she messes up. The next time I share a story about Mallory it will be a positive one. She really is a good kid.
  • It was weird to see snow today. I didn't mind it. It gave me an excuse to take a nap.
  • I learned something about myself today while I was speaking. I'm not going to share what happened yet because I need to spend some time thinking about it. But it was really cool. It has to do with this question, "do I trust the work that God has done in my life?"
  • Ran 10 miles on Friday and I felt great. Then, I went with Ceci to eat at Fricanos. I ate a whole pizza and Ceci ate a whole pizza. It was a little piece of heaven.
  • I think you either love Fricanos or hate Fricanos. I've never met a person who was neutral when it came to Fricanos.
  • Matt did a phenomenal job leading worship today. He's the real deal and I love having him on the team at lvc. I wish he had a blog because I would read it. (C'mon Matt, start a blog! You could fill it with randon rants about junior high kids.)

3 comments:

Matt Swier said...

Thanks dude for the encouragement...I felt like I bombed it yesterday

MelissaLB said...

I HATE Fricanos!
I LOVE Mallory!

Dave Roberts said...

Yes, Missy proves my point. Awesome.

And Matt - you didn't bomb yesterday.