Friday, January 09, 2009

I believe...

Last Sunday, one of the points of my message came from Mark 8. In that passage, Jesus asks his disciples, "who do you say I am?" When I first read that question, it hit me. This is a question that everyone will have to answer. In my message I shared what my response to that question would be. Here's my response...

- I believe Jesus is the Son of God, sent to save his people from their sins.
- I believe Jesus lived a sinless life but took on my sins, carried them to the cross, dying the death that I deserved. And there on the cross, the punishment for my sins, sins I have committed and sins I will commit, was paid.
- I believe on the cross my sinful life was crucified with Christ, but because God raised Jesus from the dead, I too am now alive in Christ.
- Because of Jesus' work on the cross, I have been forgiven and given new life.
- Because of the work of Jesus, I believe there is noting in all creation that can separate me from the love of God.
- I believe one day, every knee will bow, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of the Father.

My question to you is, "Who do you say Jesus is?" What do you believe when it comes to Jesus?

1 comment:

Josh said...

need a new post