Tuesday, January 06, 2009

My night last night...

After a nice chat with my beautiful wife last night after getting home from work, I proceeded to the bathroom, because I had to go. Here's the interaction that followed...

Me: Hey what's going on with the toilet?
Ceci: It's plugged.
Me: (Looking at the floaties in the toilet) Who plugged it?
Ceci: Mallory
Me: What happened to the toilet paper holder? We are missing the thingy that holds the toilet paper?
Ceci: Mallory said something about it dropping in the toilet?
Me: MALLORY!!!!!!
Mallory: What
Me: Where's the toilet paper thingy?
Mallory: It dropped in the toilet.
Me: Did you flush the toilet after it dropped in?
Mallory: (with tears starting to fill her eyes) Yes.

After that little exchange I spent the next hour "fishing" the toilet paper thingy out of the toilet. This meant I had to tear apart the entire toilet, put my hands in the toilet (yes, even with floaties and one big chunk in it!), go after the toilet paper thingy with a wire, and then put the whole thing back together. Needless to say, after an hour I was successful. After I was done, I used it as a teachable moment with my daughters.

Me: Come here girls.
Girls: What?
Me: If something falls in the toilet, DON'T FLUSH IT?
Mallory: Why? What happens if you do?

I gave up after that. Here are some pictures from my wonderful night...
Yes there's still a floaty in the toilet. Can't believe I'm still smiling after sticking my hand in a toilet full of poo!

4 comments:

Matt Yount said...

I'm laughing out loud! That's going to be a memorable story in your family!!!

Jason Kehrer said...

Wow, wow, wow.

No yellow gloves, even! I'm impressed.

Our garbage disposal backed up the kitchen sink the other day and I had a hard enough time stomaching the fact that I was using the plunger in the kitchen sink.

Big kudos...

Josh said...

have kids... you get over most bodily fluid issues... still gross though... and awesome

Tara Follett said...

I'm gagging.