Monday, September 07, 2009

Blessed...




On Friday my sister-in-law got married to a great dude.


The location was beautiful - an outdoor wedding on the shores of Lake Michigan, and it was a gorgeous summer evening - mid 70's & sunny. The ceremony was beautiful - you could definitely tell they are in love. They were giddy the whole ceremony. The reception was a ton of fun - My kids, my wife and I even performed the hoedown throwdown at the reception. Yes, I know all the moves to the dance. Pretty sad.

Overall, it was a great wedding and a great night.

As I looked through the pictures I took before the wedding though, I was overcome with emotion. I was emotional because I realized again how blessed I am. I have three beautiful daughters who are so different and unique. They each have their own personality and their own gifts. Every day, I'm amazed that I get the wonderful opportunity and privilege to be their dad.

My prayer for them as they grown up is for them to have a heart that loves Jesus. That's it. That's what I want for them. That's what I want to teach them. That's what I want to model for them. So, E, M, and P - may you grow up to have a passion for Jesus, and may you passionately pursue him every day of your life!

1 comment:

Matt Yount said...

Good stuff, buddy. Good stuff. They are blessed to have a dad like you, who wants that kind of life for them.